Sunday, April 19, 2009

Holidays... End of!!

Always sad when holidays come to an end, but always best to think of the bad bits just to make returning to work seem vaguely possible! 

For me, attack by ferocious animals has been the theme of the fortnight... the rampage of the pecking swans, the charge of the alien (Canadian!) geese, the savage assault by pouncing adder whiich tried to tear me out of my wetsuit, the murderous stalking by a slathering wolf, and of course, the attack of a thousand mouthparts from the canniballistic vampire gnats which ate me alive & bled me dry!


Then there was the letter from O2 & the incandescent row which followed > some of you will have been able to read about that nasty business (I won though!) and of course, the almost lethal attack by SatNav, which almost led me & the skoda into the quicksands of total despair!

Bad things over... I now feel ready for tomorrow (erm.. if I convince myself whilst under the influence of pentathol).. Great week, all in all!

Surfing in Gower - great fun, but totally tiring, mile after mile of walks in brilliant sunshine, catching up with friends in Suffolk, loads of barbecues - and the diet, which at ten days, is not nearly as miserable as I thought it would be. The ounces are just falling off!

 

Even  caught up with a couple of friends who I'd not heard from for a while, so there's something else good which happened!

The Doctor Who special was a breath of fresh air which dispelled the gloomy stagnation of most TV, and Ashes to Ashes is back on Monday. It'll be awesome to have the Gene Genie back on our screens, that IS a fact!

 

OK.. now I've convinced myself life is positive... let's fire up the steam iron & let's flatten those shirts!

(Cries uncontrollably!)

No comments: